- What makes Darn Good Soap & Candle Co. different from store bought soaps?
- I have sensitive skin, can I use this soap? Can this soap be used on my face?
- What is so great about soy candles?
- How long do the products last?
- What special care should I use with my products need?
- Where can I find Darn Good Soap & Candle Co?
- Our soaps look great, smell fabulous and guess what? They are actually a great quality soap for your skin also!
- All of my soaps contain an ingredient called vegetable glycerin. Glycerin is a natural humectant and emollient, which means it has the power to draw and retain moisture to the body. Glycerin provides a moisturizing lather which helps to keep skin soft and supple.
- During the commercial soap making process of store bought soaps the natural glycerin is extracted through a salting process and is then used only in companies’ more expensive soaps and lotions. This is one of the reasons why handmade soaps are more expensive than store bought soaps.
- All of my soaps also contain Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant. Antioxidants play an important role in protecting skin from UV Rays, skin rejuvenation, and calming skin irritations.
If you regularly use a commercial brand of soap then you should have no problem with Darn Good Soaps. However, please be aware that even the finest ingredients can irritate people with sensitive skin or particular allergies.
- Have virtually no soot
- Burns up to two times longer than paraffin
- All Natural
- Renewable Resource
- Environmentally Friendly
- Clean, Safe & Non-Toxic
- Burns more uniformly than paraffin
- Help to support Midwest agricultural producers
- 4oz Guest Soaps will last approximately 2-3 weeks
- 6oz Designer Soaps will last approximately 3-4 weeks
- 8oz Hexagon Candles and 8.5oz Interlude Candles will both burn approximiately 45-50 hours.
- Soy Wax Melting tarts-each cube (1/6 of the package) will throw scent for approximately 96-144 hours.
- Place your soap on a holder or rack that will allow water to drain away from the soap, otherwise your soap will begin to "melt" and you will not get as much use per bar. Keep out of direct sunlight to avoid color changes.
- To get the longest burn times possible with your candles, keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4" at all times. Keep out of drafts to avoid potential fire hazards. Discontinue using the candle when 1/4" to 1/2" of wax remains to avoid potential fire hazards.